(2019) (Chloe Grace Moretz, Isabelle Huppert) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A young, naive woman befriends an older, lonely woman, only to realize the friendship isn't benign.
- Frances McCullen (CHLOE GRACE MORETZ) is a young woman whose mother died in the past year, and believing her father, Chris (COLM FEORE), has moved on with his life too quickly, she's moved from Boston to New York to live with her friend, Erica Penn (MAIKA MONROE).
While traveling on the subway, she finds an abandoned handbag and decides she must return it to its owner, Greta Hideg (ISABELLE HUPPERT). She's a lonely French widow who says her daughter is off in Paris and takes up Frances' offer to help her adopt a dog for company. But she prefers the latter in the form of Frances and the two quickly strike up a friendship.
But when the young woman discovers something quite troubling in the older woman's cabinet, Frances realizes she must nip that in the bud. But Greta isn't willing to accept that, first acting confused and worried about Frances' sudden change of heart and demeanor. The more Frances tries to avoid Greta, however, the more obsessed the latter becomes.
With little help from the police, Frances tries to get on with her life, but as Greta ups her game in stalking her, the young woman realizes her life might be in danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show a little interest, but probably only if they're a fan of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some violence and disturbing images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.