<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2019) (Jacob Tremblay, Keith L. Williams) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three sixth-grade boys get into various misadventures when they ditch school, wreck an expensive drone, come into possession of illegal drugs, and obsess over getting invited to their first "kissing party."
- Max (JACOB TREMBLAY), Lucas (KEITH L. WILLIAMS), and Thor (BRADY NOON) are three sixth-graders who have been best friends since kindergarten, but now find themselves starting to drift apart. Max has a big interest in girls and crushes hard on a pretty classmate, Brixlee (MILLIE DAVIS). Lucas is reeling from the recent news that his parents (LIL REL HOWERY and RETTA) are getting a divorce and just wants life to stay the same as much as possible. Thor, meanwhile, is a budding musical theater kid who is tamping down his talents in order to hopefully fit in with the cool crowd.
Max gets invited to his first "kissing party" and freaks out when he learns that Brixlee will also be there. He doesn't know the first thing about kissing, and an initial Internet search only turns up pornography. So, he disobeys his father (WILL FORTE) and pilots his drone over the backyard of his teenage neighbor, Hannah (MOLLY GORDON), hoping to spy on her and her boyfriend, Benji (JOSH CARAS), making out. But he's too late. Benji and Hannah have already broken up, and Hannah and her best friend, Lily (MIDORI FRANCIS), capture Max's drone and refuse to give it back to Max.
When Thor steals Hannah's purse containing drugs, though, a day of debauchery follows in which the three boys run afoul of the relentless girls, a convenience store cop, eight lanes of freeway traffic, a frat house drug den, and more all while ditching school. As their misadventure gets more and more harrowing, the boys question whether life is pulling them in three different directions.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens will probably want to see this youth-skewing, very raunchy, very R-rated comedy.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong crude sexual content, drug and alcohol material, and language throughout, all involving tweens.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.