(2019) (Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Drama: A man possessing psychic powers and an ability to absorb physical punishment without breaking bones or suffering life-threatening injuries comes into conflict with an old nemesis and a frightening new threat.
- Security guard David Dunn (BRUCE WILLIS) was once the only survivor of a major train derailment that killed every passenger onboard except him. He didn't suffer a single scratch. That was years ago. In the present, he is a vigilante who uses his psychic abilities and the computer skills of his son, Joseph (SPENCER TREAT CLARK), to track Kevin Crumb (JAMES McAVOY), a disturbed man who abducts teenage girls and has 24 distinct personalities.
Both men are apprehended during a late-night showdown and sent to a psychiatric facility where David is reacquainted with his old nemesis, Elijah (SAMUEL L. JACKSON), a.k.a. "Mr. Glass." Elijah, whose brittle bones have left him extremely susceptible to injury all of his life, has been at the hospital for years after masterminding several major accidents to try and find his exact opposite (David). He is visited often by his mother (CHARLAYNE WOODARD).
All three men are placed under the care of Dr. Ellie Staple (SARAH PAULSON), a psychiatrist who specializes in people who believe they have superhuman abilities. She tries to convince each that they have created a shared delusion that they are superheroes (and super-villains) but are really normal and suffering from childhood trauma. Dr. Staple enlists the help of Casey (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY), who survived a previous abduction by Kevin because she was able to appeal to the decency of one of his personalities...the real Kevin. But Elijah has other plans for all of them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of "Unbreakable" and "Split" will likely want to see this third installment in the series, while other teens may be attracted to its action and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence including some bloody images, thematic elements, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.