(2019) (Matt Damon, Christian Bale) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A race car designer and his engineer racer set out to develop a car that will defeat the Ferrari team at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race.
- It's the 1960s and Ford Motor Company CEO Henry Ford II (TRACY LETTS) wants to shake things up to reinvigorate sales. With that order, one of his execs, Lee Iacocca (JON BERNTHAL), proposes that they need to build sexier cars to appeal to a younger generation of drivers. When Senior Vice-President Leo Beebee (JOSH LUCAS) complains that will take years, Lee proposes then that they buy financially struggling Ferrari and thus instantly have possession of desirable sports cars.
But Ferrari's owner pulls out of the deal at the last minute and insults Henry and his company in general. As a result, and essentially willing to write a blank check, Henry orders that they build a racecar that will defeat the Ferrari team at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Enter legendary race car driver Carroll Shelby (MATT DAMON) whose racing days were cut short by medical concerns and who now designs race cars with his right-hand man, Phil Remington (RAY McKINNON), and their small team.
The man who Carroll wants to join them is engineer Ken Miles (CHRISTIAN BALE) whose auto shop has just been seized by the IRS, much to the concern of his wife, Mollie (CAITRIONA BALFE), and their son, Peter (NOAH JUPE). Carroll knows Ken is the right man not only to design the car, but also to be its driver, something that doesn't sit well with Leo who doesn't think the opinionated Brit is the right image for their company. Nevertheless, and with the big race coming up, Carroll and Ken work together to design a car that will put the Ferrari team and their cars to shame.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into racecars and racing, or if they're fans of Damon, Bale or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some language and peril.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.