(2019) (Haley Lu Richardson, Cole Sprouse) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two teenagers who are hospitalized for treatment of their cystic fibrosis must contend with becoming romantically involved and having to maintain a distance between each other to avoid the risk of bacterial cross-contamination.
- Stella Grant (HALEY LU RICHARDSON) is a teenager who's had to deal with cystic fibrosis all of her life, including repeated stints in hospitals for treatment. She's back in one now -- with just fifty percent lung capacity and hoping for a transplant -- alongside her childhood friend, Poe (MOISES ARIAS), who likewise has the same ailment. Due to the threat of getting a deadly bacterial infection from each other, such patients must often wear gloves and masks and remain six feet apart from each other.
Stella doesn't feel that will be a problem concerning a new patient there, Will Newman (COLE SPROUSE), who, like everyone else on the floor, is watched over carefully by nurse Barb (KIMBERLY HEBERT GREGORY) and her team. Will's more daredevil attitude and not keeping up with his meds don't mesh with Stella's self-proclaimed, OCD-fueled control freak nature, but he likes something in her. And thus he manages to convince her to allow him to draw her in exchange for him following his medical regime.
As the two form a friendship that turns into something more, they must contend with the fact that they must remain six feet apart and the fact that their futures are anything but certain.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The teenage cast and related love story might draw in teens and older pre-teens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, language and suggestive material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.