(2019) (Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Two adversaries team up to stop a super-villain from unleashing a deadly virus on the world's population.
- Ever since they first met, DSS agent Luke Hobbs (DWAYNE JOHNSON) and former British special forces assassin turned mercenary Deckard Shaw (JASON STATHAM) have been adversaries at odds with each other. Yet, they're forced to work together -- sort of -- when they're tasked with finding former British agent Brixton Lore (IDRIS ELBA) who wants to unleash a deadly virus -- created by scientist Professor Andreiko (EDDIE MARSAN) -- on the world.
Brixton, who's essentially a super-villain what with having computerized and robotic enhancements infused in his body, sees his kind as the future of humanity and wants to cull the human herd by killing off the weak. Unfortunately for him, Deckard's estranged sister, Hattie (VANESSA KIRBY), has obtained the virus and injected it into her bloodstream for safekeeping. But with all of his connections, Brixton has made it appear that she killed the rest of her MI6 team, thus putting her on the run.
Accordingly, it's up to Hobbs and Shaw to put their differences behind them, find Hattie before Brixton does and battle that seemingly indestructible anarchist before it's too late. And to do so, they might just need the help of Hobbs' long-estranged brother, Jonah (CLIFF CURTIS), back in Samoa.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the "Fast & Furious" movie franchise or are fans of anyone in the cast, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For prolonged sequences of action and violence, suggestive material and some strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.