(2019) (Taylor Russell, Logan Miller) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: Six strangers sign on to participate in an escape room challenge only to find themselves in various life and death situations.
- Six strangers have received invitations to participate in an escape room challenge where the winner will receive $10,000 as the group uses a variety of clues and their own smarts and intuition to "escape" from some carefully conceived and constructed room scenarios.
Those players are Zoey Davis (TAYLOR RUSSELL), a smart but timid student; Ben Miller (LOGAN MILLER), who many likely view as a loser; and Amanda Harper (DEBORAH ANN WOLL), an army veteran suffering from PTSD. There's also financial hotshot Jason Walker (JAY ELLIS); blue-collar truck driver Mike Nolan (TYLER LABINE) and video game geek and escape room junkie Danny Khan (NIK DODANI) who informs the others about how the game is played.
And it starts right away, with all finding themselves trapped in a large reception area that grows hotter and hotter by the minute as the forced-together strangers try to figure out how to escape before they collapse from heat exhaustion.
They barely manage to succeed, but end up in another scenario where they eventually realize that the unseen game master, WooTan Yu (YORICK VAN WAGENINGEN), isn't playing games. From that point on, they must do what they can to survive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into escape room entertainment might be enticed, while the younger (but not kid) cast might draw in some kids as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror/perilous action, violence, some suggestive material and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.