(2019) (Mark Ruffalo, Anne Hathaway) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A corporate defense attorney puts everything on the line as he begins investigating claims that a corporate chemical giant might be knowingly endangering the public.
- It's 1998 and Robert Bilott (MARK RUFFALO) is a corporate defense attorney who lives in Cincinnati with his wife, Sarah (ANNE HATHAWAY), a former lawyer turned stay-at-home mom, and their young child. He's built a solid reputation defending various chemical corporations and has recently been named a partner at the law firm run by Tom Terp (TIM ROBBINS).
The only big client they don't represent is DuPont and thus when Parkersburg, WV farmer Wilbur Tennant (BILL CAMP) approaches him with evidence that the corporate chemical giant has poisoned his farmland, Robert reluctantly agrees to look into the matter, mainly because the man knows his grandmother who lives there.
DuPont in-house attorney Phil Donnelly (VICTOR GARBER) initially agrees to look at those claims. But as it becomes apparent that Robert is serious and isn't going to back down as more evidence comes to light, Phil and other power-brokers at DuPont bristle at the allegations and mount their defense, all while the residents of the town are none too happy about charges being made about their biggest employer and benefactor.
As Robert continues his investigation and discovers that all things lead to the company's development of the non-stick chemical Teflon, he digs in and isn't about to back down, even if such determination begins to put a strain on his job, marriage and health.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested in the story, while fans of anyone in the cast might be drawn in.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic content, some disturbing images and strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.