(2019) (Kaya Scodelario, Barry Pepper) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A young woman must contend with alligator attacks while trapped inside a flooded house with her injured dad during a raging hurricane.
- Haley Keller (KAYA SCODELARIO) is a student at the University of Florida in Gainesville where she's a competitive swimmer, having once been coached by her dad, Dave (BARRY PEPPER), until he and her mom split up, and Haley hasn't seen him in a while. But when her sister, Beth (MORFYDD CLARK), calls to say she's worried about their dad in that he's not answering his phone with a dangerous hurricane on the way, Haley decides to drive the two hours to where he lives.
When she gets to his condo, she only finds his dog, and thus figures he must have gone to their old home that's now for sale. She finds his truck outside and eventually finds him unconscious and wounded down in the crawl space. She also discovers the source of his injuries -- a large alligator that's entered the space via a broken grate over a storm pipe. She manages to drag him to a safe spot the gator can't access, but then realizes that not only is there more than one alligator, but also that flooding rains are starting to fill the crawl space with the potential for that to worsen severely should nearby levees break.
Now trapped in the crawl space with her dad, Haley must figure out how to avoid the gators and somehow save both her dad and herself.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into movies about characters having to contend with attacks by wild animals or are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For bloody creature violence, and brief language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.