(2019) (Elizabeth Lail, Jordan Calloway) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A nurse must contend with the discovery that a countdown app on her phone is indicating the actual time of her upcoming death.
- Courtney (ANNE WINTERS) is a teenager who's somewhat unsettled to learn -- via a phone app called Countdown -- that she has only hours to live. She seems to dodge higher chances of that by refusing to ride home with her intoxicated boyfriend, Evan (DILLON LANE), but meets her demise at home by herself anyway via a supernatural encounter.
Evan ends up in a hospital where he's cared for by nurse Quinn Harris (ELIZABETH LAIL) who works for head nurse, Nurse Amy (TICHINA ARNOLD), and must contend with unwelcome sexual advances from Dr. Sullivan (PETER FACINELLI). But with surgery scheduled for his injuries and also having little time left according to the Countdown app, Evan's understandably nervous. As is Quinn, especially after Evan dies and she decides to try the app only to learn she has less than three days left.
She also discovers that the same holds true for her estranged younger sister Jordan (TALITHA BATEMAN), and thus Quinn goes to phone shop owner Derek (TOM SEGURA) in hopes that he can delete the seemingly irremovable app from her phone. It's there that she meets Matt Monroe (JORDAN CALLOWAY), a young man in the same predicament and they eventually make their way to Father John (PJ BYRNE) in hopes that he can help from a religious standpoint.
With her hours counting down, Quinn races against time to try to keep the app -- and the demon that's controlling it -- from killing her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into high-concept horror films they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For terror, violence, bloody images, suggestive material, language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.