(2019) (Liam Neeson, Tom Bateman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Black Comedy: A father seeks out deadly revenge on those responsible for his son's murder, all of which sets off a battle between rival drug operations.
- Nels Coxman (LIAM NEESON) is the snowplow driver in Kehoe, Colorado where he lives with his wife, Grace (LAURA DERN), and their young adult son, Kyle (MICHEÁL RICHARDSON). Nels is liked so much that he's just been named the citizen of the year, but his celebration turns to grief when Kyle ends up dead, supposedly from a heroin overdose.
That development puts added pressure on Nels and Grace's already strained marriage, especially when he won't accept that his son was an addict. His gut feeling proves true when he has a chance encounter with Kyle's injured coworker who gives him the name of the person responsible for Kyle's murder. After getting the name of that man's boss, Nels kills him and starts working his way up the chain of command toward Trevor "Viking" Calcote (TOM BATEMAN).
Divorced from Aya (JULIA JONES) and sharing a tenuous joint custody of their young son, Ryan (NICHOLAS HOLMES), the high-strung Viking is the head of a Denver based cocaine operation. When he learns of the murders of his workers, he immediately believes that's the work of rival drug boss White Bull (TOM JACKSON) who long ago made a territory control agreement with Viking's father.
As those two organizations prepare for war, Nels seeks out the help of his retired criminal brother, Brock (WILLIAM FORSYTHE), for a way to kill Viking, all while local cops John "Gip" Gipsky (JOHN DOMAN) and Kim Dash (EMMY ROSSUM) start investigating the rash of dead bodies that are starting to pile up.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or Liam Neeson's vigilante based movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, drug material, and some language including sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.