(2019) (Francesca Hayward, Idris Elba) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A number of anthropomorphic cats compete to see who will be granted a new feline life.
- In London there exists a tribe of anthropomorphic cats known as Jellicles that possess both feline and human characteristics, including the ability to speak. Once a year they get together where one such cat is chosen to ascend to the Heaviside Layer and return as a new feline. New to observe all of this is outsider cat Victoria (FRANCESCA HAYWARD) who's unceremoniously dumped among the Jellicles, with one of them, Munkustrap (ROBBIE FAIRCHILD), deciding to introduce her to the rest.
There's lazy housecat Jennyanydots (REBEL WILSON) who's taught mice, cockroaches and more to perform song and dance numbers for her, while fat cat Bustopher Jones (JAMES CORDEN) enjoys raiding the local trash cans for a feast. Rum Tum Tugger (JASON DERULO) is the most flamboyant of the bunch, even more so than magician cat Mr. Mistoffelees (LAURIE DAVIDSON), while Rumpleteazer (NAOIMH MORGAN) and Mungojerrie (DANNY COLLINS) are cat burglars and Gus The Theatre Cat (IAN McKELLEN) is, natch, the feline that inhabits the local theater.
It's there that the old and wise Jellicle leader, Old Deuteronomy (JUDI DENCH), will select the cat to make the ascension to a new life. While everyone gets their one song and dance number in the competition, Victoria thinks it should be the once glamorous but now outcast Grizabella (JENNIFER HUDSON) who fell out of favor with the rest for siding in the past with the criminal Macavity (IDRIS ELBA). He's intent on winning the competition, and with the help of Bombalurina (TAYLOR SWIFT) and barge cat Growltiger (RAY WINSTONE) he begins cat-napping the various competitors to ensure he's the one chosen.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who like the stage musical will likely want to see it, while the presence of Taylor Swift might draw in some of her fans.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude and suggestive humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.