(2019) (John Goodman, Ashton Sanders) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Science Fiction: Nine years after an alien invasion, human resistance fighters plot to stage a major attack in Chicago while a dogged cop attempts to thwart them.
- In the year 2027, nine years have passed since an alien force invaded Earth and the governments of the world surrendered. Now, humanity lives to service the extraterrestrials by building them special habitats underground in many of the major cities. In Chicago, a small resistance force led by Rafe Drummond (JONATHAN MAJORS), former Marine Patrick Ellison (JAMES RANSONE), newspaperman Charles Rittenhouse (ALAN RUCK), and resistance fighter Anita (CAITLIN EWALD) attempt to mount a major attack at a staged alien-human unity rally at Soldier Field.
But a dogged cop named William Mulligan (JOHN GOODMAN), who's trying to keep the peace, gets wind of the plot and looks to use Rafe's younger brother, Gabriel (ASHTON SANDERS), as an informant to try and thwart the rebels' efforts. Mulligan is unsuccessful and is informed by his boss, Commissioner Eugene Igoe (KEVIN DUNN), that the aliens are going to level the section of the city where the plot was hatched.
Mulligan is from that neighborhood, though, and vows to round up those responsible first to avoid a mass killing. He has a mysterious relationship with a local prostitute named Priscilla (VERA FARMIGA) who he never has sex with, but nevertheless, he uses her as part of his investigation in a way that's not made clear until late in the film.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens may be attracted to its PG-13 rating, science-fiction concept, and mostly young cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sc-fi violence and action, some sexual content, brief language, and drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.