(2019) (John Goodman, Ashton Sanders) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Science Fiction: Nine years after an alien invasion, human resistance fighters plot to stage a major attack in Chicago while a dogged cop attempts to thwart them.
- In the year 2027, nine years have passed since an alien force invaded Earth and the governments of the world surrendered. Now, humanity lives to service the extraterrestrials by building them special habitats underground in many of the major cities. In Chicago, a small resistance force led by Rafe Drummond (JONATHAN MAJORS), former Marine Patrick Ellison (JAMES RANSONE), newspaperman Charles Rittenhouse (ALAN RUCK), and resistance fighter Anita (CAITLIN EWALD) attempt to mount a major attack at a staged alien-human unity rally at Soldier Field.
But a dogged cop named William Mulligan (JOHN GOODMAN), who's trying to keep the peace, gets wind of the plot and looks to use Rafe's younger brother, Gabriel (ASHTON SANDERS), as an informant to try and thwart the rebels' efforts. Mulligan is unsuccessful and is informed by his boss, Commissioner Eugene Igoe (KEVIN DUNN), that the aliens are going to level the section of the city where the plot was hatched.
Mulligan is from that neighborhood, though, and vows to round up those responsible first to avoid a mass killing. He has a mysterious relationship with a local prostitute named Priscilla (VERA FARMIGA) who he never has sex with, but nevertheless, he uses her as part of his investigation in a way that's not made clear until late in the film.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens may be attracted to its PG-13 rating, science-fiction concept, and mostly young cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sc-fi violence and action, some sexual content, brief language, and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.