(2019) (Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero/Action: A young woman with superhero abilities but confusing memories ends up on Earth and must figure out who she really is, all while using her smarts and powers to save the day.
- Vers (BRIE LARSON) is a member of the intergalactic Kree battle squad known as Starforce. Fighting alongside the likes of Minn-Erva (GEMMA CHAN), Korath (DJIMON HOUNSOU), and a handful of others, she's both led and mentored by Yon-Rogg (JUDE LAW) who repeatedly reminds her not to let her emotions affect her duties or the firing of powerful energy beams from her hands. Their mission is to defeat the Skrulls, a species of shape-shifting aliens led by Talos (BEN MENDELSOHN) who's obsessed with probing Vers' memory in hopes of getting intel on one Dr. Wendy Lawson (ANNETTE BENING) and her work with a light-speed project.
Coincidentally, Vers interacts with that woman, not as Lawson, but as the artificial intelligence generated leader of the Kree, all while experiencing fleeting memories of a different life that's foreign to her. That all comes to a head when she literally crashes into Earth in the year 1995, meets an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Nick Fury (SAMUEL L. JACKSON), and discovers that she once had a life on this planet. And that was namely that of Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot where she worked alongside her best friend, Maria Rambeau (LASHANA LYNCH), for none other than Dr. Lawson.
With the Skrulls having followed her to Earth, Carol must then figure out what's really happening and use her smarts and powers to save the day.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and brief suggestive language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.