(2019) (Jillian Bell, Utkarsh Ambudkar) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A young woman tries to get into shape so that she can run in the New York City marathon.
- Brittany (JILLIAN BELL) is a 28-year-old former aspiring jingle writer who's from Philadelphia -- where she was essentially raised by her brother-in-law, Demetrius (LIL REL HOWERY) -- and now resides in New York City. She's yet to get her life together, no doubt helped (or hurt) by having a party-hearty roommate in Gretchen (ALICE LEE).
When she visits her doctor looking for help with her difficulty in having focus, he suggests that due to her elevated resting heart rate and high blood pressure she should lose fifty-some pounds. Despite her natural inclination to avoid strenuous activity, and not liking her upstairs neighbor, Catherine (MICHAELA WATKINS), who's always going for a run, Brittany decides jogging might work for her. In doing so, she meets another person struggling with his health, Seth (MICAH STOCK), and they eventually join Catherine's running group.
After they make a pact to run in the New York City Marathon, Brittany feels comfortable enough confiding in them that she sort of likes a man she sort of works with, Jern (UTKARSH AMBUDKAR), who has the dog-sitting night shift for a well-to-couple that has hired Brittany for the daytime role. He's lazy and aimless but supportive of her, and their work friendship turns into a romance.
But even with Brittany losing weight while getting in shape, she can't shed the negative "fat girl" psyche that's ingrained in her soul. All of which means her constant need to keep others at arm's length might just ruin her progress, new friendships and relationship with Jern.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of Jillian Bell or anyone else in the cast might have some interest in it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, sexuality and some drug material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.