(2019) (Elizabeth Banks, Jackson A. Dunn) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero/Horror: A couple must contend with their 12-year-old son, who they found as an infant in a crashed spaceship and have raised like a normal kid, now changing into someone with superpowers...and a vindictive streak.
- Tori (ELIZABETH BANKS) and Kyle Breyer (DAVID DENMAN) have long wanted kids but it just hasn't happened yet. Then, one night a small spaceship crash-lands on their Kansas farm and they find a baby boy inside. Over the following years, they raise him like a normal kid, telling everyone that they adopted Brandon (JACKSON A. DUNN), who's now 12-years-old. Not even Tori's sister, Merilee (MEREDITH HAGNER) -- the school counselor -- or her husband, Noah (MATT JONES), know the truth, but even they are starting to see changes in the boy.
His parents initially chalk that up to him starting to go through puberty, but with him being drawn to the locked away spaceship wreckage they have in their barn, they start to think it might be something else. And when the boy starts exhibiting superhuman strength and other abilities traditionally reserved for superheroes and then people start being hurt and then killed in their small town, they come to realize they might have a dangerous problem on their hands.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's a superhero movie of sorts, it might prove enticing to some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence/bloody images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.