(2019) (Elizabeth Banks, Jackson A. Dunn) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero/Horror: A couple must contend with their 12-year-old son, who they found as an infant in a crashed spaceship and have raised like a normal kid, now changing into someone with superpowers...and a vindictive streak.
- Tori (ELIZABETH BANKS) and Kyle Breyer (DAVID DENMAN) have long wanted kids but it just hasn't happened yet. Then, one night a small spaceship crash-lands on their Kansas farm and they find a baby boy inside. Over the following years, they raise him like a normal kid, telling everyone that they adopted Brandon (JACKSON A. DUNN), who's now 12-years-old. Not even Tori's sister, Merilee (MEREDITH HAGNER) -- the school counselor -- or her husband, Noah (MATT JONES), know the truth, but even they are starting to see changes in the boy.
His parents initially chalk that up to him starting to go through puberty, but with him being drawn to the locked away spaceship wreckage they have in their barn, they start to think it might be something else. And when the boy starts exhibiting superhuman strength and other abilities traditionally reserved for superheroes and then people start being hurt and then killed in their small town, they come to realize they might have a dangerous problem on their hands.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's a superhero movie of sorts, it might prove enticing to some.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence/bloody images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.