(2019) (Kaityln Dever, Beanie Feldstein) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two high school seniors, who've neglected their social lives in order to get good grades, decide to attend a wild party the night before graduation.
- It's the day before graduation, and Amy (KAITLYN DEVER) and Molly (BEANIE FELDSTEIN) are best friends who've pretty much neglected their high school social lives in order to get good grades and be accepted into the best colleges. Thus, Molly, who's the class president, is floored when she learns that the likes of heavy partygoers such as Nick (MASON GOODING), Theo (EDUARDO FRANCO) and Annabelle (MOLLY GORDON) a.k.a. "Triple A" (so named for the promiscuous roadside "assistance" she provides high school boys) have also been accepted into similar colleges.
Accordingly, she convinces Amy that they must attend a big party Nick is throwing and cut loose for once. The only problem is that they don't know where it's being held and thus accidentally end up on a yacht owned by uber-rich classmate Jared's (SKYLER GISONDO) family. The only other student present is wild girl Gigi (BILLIE LOURD) who somehow manages to end up everywhere Amy and Molly do for the rest of the night.
After a series of other mishaps and wrong turns -- including when they get a ride from Principal Brown (JASON SUDEIKIS) who moonlights as a ridesharing driver and accidentally end up high after another encounter with Gigi -- they call their cool teacher Miss Fine (JESSICA WILLIAMS) who gives them a ride to the party. There, and while Theo hits on that teacher, Molly hopes to get Nick interested in her just as Amy tries to do with Ryan (VICTORIA RUESGA), a girl she hopes is a lesbian like her, unaware that Hope (DIANE SILVERS) is the one who actually has a thing for her.
With things not going as they planned and hoped for, the two friends must maneuver their way through the night and those expectations, not to mention making sure they get to graduation the next day.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many teenagers will be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content and language throughout, drug use and drinking - all involving teens.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.