(2019) (Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Various women who work for Fox News must figure out how to contend with sexual harassment at the hands of their boss.
- Megyn Kelly (CHARLIZE THERON) and Gretchen Carlson (NICOLE KIDMAN) are powerhouse TV show hosts for the Fox News Network. But while Megyn has kept secret her dealings with sexual harassment at the hands of her boss, Roger Ailes (JOHN LITHGOW), Gretchen has decided to speak out.
Accordingly, she ends up with a less desirable time slot and is eventually fired, all of which results in her filing a lawsuit against Ailes and Fox News. Her belief is that once that dam has been broken, so to speak, a flood of similar complaints will quickly flow forth.
With most everyone afraid of Ailes and the power that he wields, however, Gretchen initially ends up on her own, with Megyn wary of rocking the boat, and thus endangering her career. Meanwhile, young ambitious employee Kayla Pospisil (MARGOT ROBBIE) tries to climb the corporate ladder using her evangelical conservative angle -- despite having a lesbian fling with covert Democratic coworker Jess Carr (KATE McKINNON) -- unaware of what trying to get Ailes approval will ultimately mean for her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens interested in the TV news biz might have some interest, while the well-known cast might draw in others.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual material and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.