(2019) (Viveik Kalra, Kulvinder Ghir) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Pakistani teen living in 1987 Britain finds enlightenment and his own creative calling when a classmate introduces him to the music of Bruce Springsteen.
- It's 1987 and Javed Khan (VIVEIK KALRA) is a 16-year-old who lives in Luton, England with his parents, Malik (KULVINDER GHIR) and Noor (MEERA GANATRA), and sisters, among whom Shazia (NIKITA MEHTA) is the closest with him. Like others of Pakistani descent, Javed must put up with nationalist racism and thus puts his feelings into his poetry, something his teacher, Ms. Clay (HAYLEY ATWELL), hopes to draw out of him. But what makes that happen is when a classmate, Roops (AARON PHAGURA), introduces him to the music of Bruce Springsteen.
Javed instantly feels a connection with The Boss and especially his working-class lyrics, something that Javed's new wave music loving best friend, Matt (DEAN-CHARLES CHAPMAN), simply doesn't get. But fellow classmate and political activist Eliza (NELL WILLIAMS) does, and soon she and Javed become a thing, all while the teen must contend with his traditional father not understanding him and his newfound love for all things Springsteen.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens -- and especially Springsteen fans -- could be drawn to it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic material and language including some ethnic slurs.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.