(2019) (Imogen Poots, Aleyse Shannon) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A college sorority comes under murderous attack after it insults a misogynistic fraternity just before winter break.
- One cold night in December, a college co-ed named Lindsay (LUCY CURREY) is walking home from the campus library when she is attacked by a masked, hooded figure who kills her. Because the semester is ending and winter break is about to begin, her sorority sisters don't suspect she's missing until her family calls and asks. Riley (IMOGEN POOTS), who is still reeling from a night in which she was drugged and date-raped by frat jock Brian (RYAN McINTYRE) a couple of years earlier, immediately has a bad feeling that this is something more than just a random disappearance.
Her anxiety is heightened when she saves one of her best friends, Helena (MADELEINE ADAMS), from also being sexually assaulted by her frat-guy boyfriend. Nevertheless, she agrees to perform a parody of "Santa Baby" at a college holiday party in which she and her sorority sisters Kris (ALEYSE SHANNON), Marty (LILY DONOGHUE), and Jesse (BRITTANY O'GRADY) have changed the words to make the song about rape culture. They direct the tune at the fraternity members in the room.
Soon, other members of the sorority start going missing and are presumed murdered, including Helena. Suspects abound. Not just the frat brothers, but misogynist English Professor Gelson CARY ELWES), who feminist Kris is trying to get fired; Marty's put-upon boyfriend, Nate (SIMON MEAD); and too-good-to-be-true nice guy Landon (CALEB EBERHARDT). But the true nature of what's going on at this college goes much deeper and darker than that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its young cast, horror-thriller elements, and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, terror, thematic content involving sexual assault, language, sexual material, and drinking.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.