(2019) (Imogen Poots, Aleyse Shannon) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A college sorority comes under murderous attack after it insults a misogynistic fraternity just before winter break.
- One cold night in December, a college co-ed named Lindsay (LUCY CURREY) is walking home from the campus library when she is attacked by a masked, hooded figure who kills her. Because the semester is ending and winter break is about to begin, her sorority sisters don't suspect she's missing until her family calls and asks. Riley (IMOGEN POOTS), who is still reeling from a night in which she was drugged and date-raped by frat jock Brian (RYAN McINTYRE) a couple of years earlier, immediately has a bad feeling that this is something more than just a random disappearance.
Her anxiety is heightened when she saves one of her best friends, Helena (MADELEINE ADAMS), from also being sexually assaulted by her frat-guy boyfriend. Nevertheless, she agrees to perform a parody of "Santa Baby" at a college holiday party in which she and her sorority sisters Kris (ALEYSE SHANNON), Marty (LILY DONOGHUE), and Jesse (BRITTANY O'GRADY) have changed the words to make the song about rape culture. They direct the tune at the fraternity members in the room.
Soon, other members of the sorority start going missing and are presumed murdered, including Helena. Suspects abound. Not just the frat brothers, but misogynist English Professor Gelson CARY ELWES), who feminist Kris is trying to get fired; Marty's put-upon boyfriend, Nate (SIMON MEAD); and too-good-to-be-true nice guy Landon (CALEB EBERHARDT). But the true nature of what's going on at this college goes much deeper and darker than that.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens may be attracted to its young cast, horror-thriller elements, and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, terror, thematic content involving sexual assault, language, sexual material, and drinking.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.