(2019) (Naomi Harris, Tyrese Gibson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A rookie cop must contend with being framed for the murder of a young drug dealer by a corrupt narcotics detective.
- Military vet Alicia West (NAOMIE HARRIS) has recently joined the New Orleans Police Department where she's been partnered with Kevin Jennings (REID SCOTT). Her patrol area is her former stomping grounds before she enlisted in the Army, but her best friend from years ago, Missy (NAFESSA WILLIAMS), wants nothing to do with her, while convenience store employee Milo Jackson (TYRESE GIBSON) is also cold toward her due to lack of police response when needed in his neighborhood that's otherwise controlled by drug kingpin Darius (MIKE COLTER).
When Kevin can't pull a double shift due to a family commitment, Alicia offers to take his place and is teamed up with veteran cop Deacon Brown (JAMES MOSES BLACK). But little does she know that he's on the take and in cahoots with undercover narcotics officer Terry Malone (FRANK GRILLO) and his partner Smitty (BEAU KNAPP). That comes to a head when she happens upon Malone as he executes a young drug dealer -- who just so happens to be Darius' nephew -- and then finds herself the target of the bad cops who want to kill her before she rats them out.
From that point on, and after taking refuge in the store where Milo works, Alicia must contend with now being hunted not only by the cops, but also Darius and his men who, like the rest of the police force, have been lied to by Malone that Alicia is, in fact, the killer of the young man.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.