(2019) (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: Having been spared the murder of half the world's population by a powerful villain, the surviving superheroes must not only figure out how to find and deal with him, but also whether they can possibly go back and stop all of that from having happened in the first place.
- In the aftermath of Thanos (motion capture performance by JOSH BROLIN) having used his Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all life in the universe, the survivors on Earth are still reeling from the massive losses. Those include superheroes who weren't spared the culling of the herd, with the likes of T'Challa, a.k.a. Black Panther (CHADWICK BOSEMAN); Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man (TOM HOLLAND); Stephen Strange, a.k.a. Dr. Strange (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH); Bucky Barnes, a.k.a. Winter Soldier (SEBASTIAN STAN); Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Falcon (ANTHONY MACKIE); Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. Scarlet Witch (ELIZABETH OLSEN); and most of the Guardians of the Galaxy crew -- Star-Lord (CHRIS PRATT), Groot (voiced by VIN DIESEL), Drax (motion capture performance by DAVE BAUTISTA) and Mantis (POM KLEMENTIEFF) -- disintegrating like half of the population.
But some survived, such as Tony Stark (ROBERT DOWNEY JR.), a.k.a. Iron Man, who's adrift in outer space with Nebula (KAREN GILLAN), one of Thanos' daughters whose sibling, Gamora (ZOE SALDANA), was killed by Thanos in his quest to obtain the Infinity Stones needed to accomplish his goal. With a little help from Captain Marvel (BRIE LARSON), a.k.a. Carol Danvers, they're reunited with the rest of the surviving Avengers -- Steve Rogers (CHRIS EVANS), a.k.a. Captain America; Natasha Romanoff (SCARLETT JOHANSSON), a.k.a. Black Widow; Thor (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), Bruce Banner, a.k.a. Hulk (regular and motion capture performance by MARK RUFFALO) and the Guardians talking raccoon pilot, Rocket (voiced by BRADLEY COOPER).
They must not only figure out how to find and deal with Thanos, but must also consider whether to follow up on a suggestion by Scott Lang, a.k.a. Ant-Man (PAUL RUDD). With him having survived the killing spree while off in the Quantum Realm, he proposes that they use that very alternate dimension to travel back in time, stop Thanos from collecting the Infinity Stones, and thus prevent the previous catastrophe. Fully aware of the dangers related to all of that, and now teamed up with Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye (JEREMY RENNER), the remaining Avengers and their allies set out to make the world right once again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies and especially those in the Marvel universe, that's a definite yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.