(2019) (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action: Having been spared the murder of half the world's population by a powerful villain, the surviving superheroes must not only figure out how to find and deal with him, but also whether they can possibly go back and stop all of that from having happened in the first place.
- In the aftermath of Thanos (motion capture performance by JOSH BROLIN) having used his Infinity Gauntlet to wipe out half of all life in the universe, the survivors on Earth are still reeling from the massive losses. Those include superheroes who weren't spared the culling of the herd, with the likes of T'Challa, a.k.a. Black Panther (CHADWICK BOSEMAN); Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man (TOM HOLLAND); Stephen Strange, a.k.a. Dr. Strange (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH); Bucky Barnes, a.k.a. Winter Soldier (SEBASTIAN STAN); Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Falcon (ANTHONY MACKIE); Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. Scarlet Witch (ELIZABETH OLSEN); and most of the Guardians of the Galaxy crew -- Star-Lord (CHRIS PRATT), Groot (voiced by VIN DIESEL), Drax (motion capture performance by DAVE BAUTISTA) and Mantis (POM KLEMENTIEFF) -- disintegrating like half of the population.
But some survived, such as Tony Stark (ROBERT DOWNEY JR.), a.k.a. Iron Man, who's adrift in outer space with Nebula (KAREN GILLAN), one of Thanos' daughters whose sibling, Gamora (ZOE SALDANA), was killed by Thanos in his quest to obtain the Infinity Stones needed to accomplish his goal. With a little help from Captain Marvel (BRIE LARSON), a.k.a. Carol Danvers, they're reunited with the rest of the surviving Avengers -- Steve Rogers (CHRIS EVANS), a.k.a. Captain America; Natasha Romanoff (SCARLETT JOHANSSON), a.k.a. Black Widow; Thor (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), Bruce Banner, a.k.a. Hulk (regular and motion capture performance by MARK RUFFALO) and the Guardians talking raccoon pilot, Rocket (voiced by BRADLEY COOPER).
They must not only figure out how to find and deal with Thanos, but must also consider whether to follow up on a suggestion by Scott Lang, a.k.a. Ant-Man (PAUL RUDD). With him having survived the killing spree while off in the Quantum Realm, he proposes that they use that very alternate dimension to travel back in time, stop Thanos from collecting the Infinity Stones, and thus prevent the previous catastrophe. Fully aware of the dangers related to all of that, and now teamed up with Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye (JEREMY RENNER), the remaining Avengers and their allies set out to make the world right once again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into superhero movies and especially those in the Marvel universe, that's a definite yes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.