(2019) (Mads Mikkelsen, Maria Thelma Smáradóttir) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The lone survivor of a small plane crash in a remote section of the Arctic does what he can and must to survive.
- It's been several weeks since H. Overgĺrd (MADS MIKKELSEN) was the lone survivor of a small plane crash somewhere in a remote section of the Arctic. His daily routine consists of catching fish via ice fishing, carving out and keeping clear large SOS letters in the snow and rocks, and using a crank radio beacon in hopes of contacting any craft that might be passing somewhere nearby. He seems to luck out when he gets a return signal from a small chopper that briefly hovers over him before losing control and crashing nearby.
The pilot perishes in that crash, but his unnamed wife (MARIA THELMA SMÁRADÓTTIR) survives, albeit unconscious and badly wounded. Overgĺrd manages to drag her back to the wreckage of his plane where he tends to her wound and realizes his situation has become more complicated than before. From that point on, and with a new topographic map he's found in the chopper wreckage, Overgĺrd must decide whether to stay put or set off on a long and arduous trek through hostile environs in hopes of reaching a remote base listed on that map.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Probably not.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For language and some bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.