(2019) (McKenna Grace, Madison Iseman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Two teenagers and the preteen they're babysitting must contend with unspeakable evil being released into their house.
- It's been a year since paranormal investigators Lorraine (VERA FARMIGA) and Ed Warren (PATRICK WILSON) locked away an evil doll known as a conduit for evil, named Annabelle, inside a blessed case inside their home. With them heading out on an overnight trip, they've tasked high school teenager Mary Ellen (MADISON ISEMAN) to babysit their preteen daughter, Judy (McKENNA GRACE).
Having heard that the Warrens recently performed an exorcism, Mary Ellen's teenage friend Daniela (KATIE SARIFE) blackmails her to allow her to come over for the evening or else she'll let a teenage grocery store clerk, Bob (MICHAEL CIMINO), know that Mary Ellen has a crush on him.
Mary Ellen reluctantly agrees and things start off innocently enough. But while Mary Ellen and Judy are outside testing out the latter's new roller skates, Daniela -- who feels responsible for her father's recent death -- finds the key to a heavily locked room and enters to find all sorts of supposedly haunted or otherwise evil artifacts, including Annabelle. Despite warnings on the glass case, Daniela opens that and handles the doll, but is then distracted by a smoke alarm elsewhere in the house.
All of which allows multiple supernatural entities to be set loose, including a murderous bride, a werewolf of sorts, a ferryman who once escorted the dead, and some of those various souls. From that point on, the three girls do what they can to survive various encounters with those evil entities.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the movies in the "Conjuring" universe, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence and terror.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.