(2019) (McKenna Grace, Madison Iseman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Two teenagers and the preteen they're babysitting must contend with unspeakable evil being released into their house.
- It's been a year since paranormal investigators Lorraine (VERA FARMIGA) and Ed Warren (PATRICK WILSON) locked away an evil doll known as a conduit for evil, named Annabelle, inside a blessed case inside their home. With them heading out on an overnight trip, they've tasked high school teenager Mary Ellen (MADISON ISEMAN) to babysit their preteen daughter, Judy (McKENNA GRACE).
Having heard that the Warrens recently performed an exorcism, Mary Ellen's teenage friend Daniela (KATIE SARIFE) blackmails her to allow her to come over for the evening or else she'll let a teenage grocery store clerk, Bob (MICHAEL CIMINO), know that Mary Ellen has a crush on him.
Mary Ellen reluctantly agrees and things start off innocently enough. But while Mary Ellen and Judy are outside testing out the latter's new roller skates, Daniela -- who feels responsible for her father's recent death -- finds the key to a heavily locked room and enters to find all sorts of supposedly haunted or otherwise evil artifacts, including Annabelle. Despite warnings on the glass case, Daniela opens that and handles the doll, but is then distracted by a smoke alarm elsewhere in the house.
All of which allows multiple supernatural entities to be set loose, including a murderous bride, a werewolf of sorts, a ferryman who once escorted the dead, and some of those various souls. From that point on, the three girls do what they can to survive various encounters with those evil entities.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into the movies in the "Conjuring" universe, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For horror violence and terror.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.