(2019) (Gerard Butler, Danny Huston) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A Secret Service agent tries to clear his name when he's framed for murdering his entire team and trying to assassinate the President of the United States who's now in a coma.
- Mike Banning (GERARD BUTLER) is a veteran Secret Service agent who's thinking about retiring, what with the physical toll the job has taken on his body. His wife, Leah (PIPER PERABO), longtime friend and fellow Army vet turned military contractor Wade Jennings (DANNY HUSTON) and even President Allan Trumbull (MORGAN FREEMAN) think that Mike should take over running the Secret Service once current director David Gentry (LANCE REDDICK) steps down.
But all of that's scuttled when an attempt is made on the President's life via an array of attacking drones. While they purposefully spare Mike's life, eighteen members of his team are killed and President Trumbull is left in a coma. All of which means that not only has Vice President Martin Kirby (TIM BLAKE NELSON) taken over as the commander-in-chief, but also that FBI agent Helen Thompson (JADA PINKETT SMITH) is trying to figure out why Mike was the only agent to survive. When all sorts of evidence points to him colluding with the Russians on the attempted assassination, he's arrested and shipped off to a highly secure facility.
But while en route his government entourage is attacked and he's taken hostage by those working for the mastermind, followed by him managing to escape from them. Realizing the entire world is now looking for him, Mike seeks out the help of his estranged and completely off the grid father, Clay (NICK NOLTE). With his help, he avoids another attempt on his life and then sets out to clear his name, all while using everything he's learned in his line of work to help him elude capture and nail the bad guys.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the previous films -- "Olympus Has Fallen" and "London Has Fallen" -- they'll probably be interested in seeing this sequel.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.