(2019) (Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A common street thief uses wishes from a magic genie in hopes of getting a princess to fall for him.
- In the long-ago city of Agrabah, Aladdin (MENA MASSOUD) is a common street thief who, along with his pet monkey Abu, steals to stay alive. He always manages to elude the palace guards who try to catch him, and manages to impress Princess Jasmine (NAOMI SCOTT) upon their chance meeting. She's ventured out into the city pretending to be her handmaiden, Dalia (NASIM PEDRAD), and isn't recognized by the masses due to being unseen for years.
That's because her widowed father, the Sultan (NAVID NEGAHBAN), wants to protect her until he finds a proper prince suitor to marry her. That doesn't sit well with her, what with wanting to eventually take over for her father, something both he and his Royal Vizier, Jafar (MARWAN KENZARI), remind her is against their long-standing laws. But Jafar has ulterior motives in that he wishes to become the Sultan and knows that a magic lamp located in the Cave of Wonders can make that happen.
The only problem is that so far no one has been nimble and smart enough to abide by the rules of the cave, but he thinks he might have found the right person in Aladdin. With Jafar promising to make him rich enough to impress Jasmine in exchange for him obtaining the lamp, Aladdin enters the cave and through a series of events ends up trapped inside there with Abu, a magic carpet they've rescued and Genie (WILL SMITH) who emerges from the lamp.
With Genie informing Aladdin he can grant him three wishes, Aladdin hopes to use them to impress Jasmine enough that she'll fall for and maybe marry him, but must then contend with Jafar wanting to get his hands on that lamp to get his own set of wishes.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's hard to say as this is a live-action rather than animated version like the 1992 predecessor.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action/peril.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.