(2019) (Josephine Langford, Hero Fiennes Tiffin) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A virginal college freshman finds herself falling for a too-cool-for-school, bad-boy classmate.
- Tessa Young (JOSEPHINE LANGFORD) is entering her freshman year at the University of Atlanta where she's dropped off by her mom, Carol (SELMA BLAIR), and boyfriend, Noah (DYLAN ARNOLD), who's still in high school. Carol is worried that Tessa's roommate, Steph (KHADIJHA RED THUNDER), is going to be a bad influence on her, but Tessa reassures her that all will be okay. And that seems true after finding bad boy Hardin Scott (HERO FIENNES TIFFIN) nonchalantly hanging out in her room when she returns from the shower, and then later at a party where she declines to play truth or dare with him.
Her distaste for him increases when they debate "Pride and Prejudice" in their English lit class, but he proposes that they start anew and takes her off to his favorite place, a picturesque lake deep in the woods. Agreeing to swim in that with him, romantic sparks fly, and while that doesn't go too far, the hook has already been set in her heart.
None of which sits well with another classmate, Molly Samuels (INANNA SARKIS), who may or may not have some sort of relationship with Hardin, while Tessa's fellow freshman and new friend Landon (SHANE PAUL MCGHIE) says that things are complicated with Hardin who's set to become his stepbrother, what with his mom about to marry Hardin's dad, Ken Scott (PETER GALLAGHER), who just so happens to be the school's chancellor.
As their relationship progresses and her mom gives her an ultimatum about calling that off, Tessa finds herself falling deeper and deeper in love with Hardin, unaware of a secret he's been harboring and that's surely going to be exposed at some point.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Tween and young teenage girls might be drawn to the love story.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content and some college partying.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.