(2019) (Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An astronaut is sent on a mission to stop a destructive energy surge that seems to be emanating from Neptune and may involve his long-missing father.
- It's the near future and Roy McBride (BRAD PITT) is an astronaut best-known for never losing his cool under any circumstance and for being the son of legendary astronaut Clifford McBride (TOMMY LEE JONES). While working on the International Space Antenna, Roy is nearly killed by a destructive energy surge that strikes Earth. He's then informed that the surge appears to be emanating from Neptune and that Clifford -- who left with the Lima Project crew twenty-nine years ago to search for intelligent life out in the cosmos but disappeared sixteen years into the mission -- might somehow be involved.
No longer with his wife, Eve (LIV TYLER), Roy has no issues with his new assignment -- to travel to Mars via the Moon and attempt to get a message off to his father that might stop that man from whatever he might be doing. With the help of former veteran astronaut Colonel Pruitt (DONALD SUTHERLAND) and Helen Lantos (RUTH NEGGA) who runs operations on Mars, Roy tries to do just that, all while dealing with conflicted emotions regarding his dad.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into movies about space travel and/or who are fans of Brad Pitt or anyone else in the cast might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and bloody images, and for brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.