(2019) (Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An astronaut is sent on a mission to stop a destructive energy surge that seems to be emanating from Neptune and may involve his long-missing father.
- It's the near future and Roy McBride (BRAD PITT) is an astronaut best-known for never losing his cool under any circumstance and for being the son of legendary astronaut Clifford McBride (TOMMY LEE JONES). While working on the International Space Antenna, Roy is nearly killed by a destructive energy surge that strikes Earth. He's then informed that the surge appears to be emanating from Neptune and that Clifford -- who left with the Lima Project crew twenty-nine years ago to search for intelligent life out in the cosmos but disappeared sixteen years into the mission -- might somehow be involved.
No longer with his wife, Eve (LIV TYLER), Roy has no issues with his new assignment -- to travel to Mars via the Moon and attempt to get a message off to his father that might stop that man from whatever he might be doing. With the help of former veteran astronaut Colonel Pruitt (DONALD SUTHERLAND) and Helen Lantos (RUTH NEGGA) who runs operations on Mars, Roy tries to do just that, all while dealing with conflicted emotions regarding his dad.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into movies about space travel and/or who are fans of Brad Pitt or anyone else in the cast might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence and bloody images, and for brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.