(2019) (Tyler Perry, Cassi Davis) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Madea is asked to plan a family member's funeral, which may reveal secrets that could cause major drama and chaos for her loved ones.
- Siblings A.J. (COURTNEY BURRELL), Jessie (ROME FLYNN), and Sylvia (CIERA PAYTON) are busy with family friend, Renee (QUIN WALTERS), preparing a surprise anniversary party for their parents, Anthony (DEREK MORGAN) and Vianne (JEN HARPER). But unbeknownst to Jessie. A.J. is cheating on his wife, Carol (KJ SMITH), with Jessie's fiancée, Gia (AERIEL MIRANDA). In the next hotel room over, Anthony is cheating on Vianne with Renee. Their sadomasochistic sex proves to be too much for the older man, and he suffers a fatal heart attack
Into the mix comes distant relative, Madea (TYLER PERRY), who along with Uncle Joe (also PERRY), Aunt Bam (CASSI DAVIS), and Aunt Hattie (PATRICE LOVELY) all witness Anthony's final moments when they check into the same hotel with Joe's son, Brian (also PERRY). They vow to keep the secret of Anthony's adultery to protect Vianne, but it's very hard when the details are so salacious.
Of course, such a big secret is bound to come out at some point, especially when Madea is tasked with planning the funeral and the reception afterward. In attendance is Uncle Heathrow (also PERRY), a wheelchair-bound elderly relative whose throat cancer has forced him to now talk out of an electronic voice box. Heathrow is always looking to stir up trouble. But, this time, even he recognizes there's plenty of that to go around.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who grew up on the "Madea" movies may have some interest, especially considering that Tyler Perry insists this is the last in the franchise.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude sexual references, language, and drug references throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.