<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2019) (Sophie Nelisse, Corinne Foxx) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A group of teenage girls must contend with being trapped underwater in an archaeological site with a hungry shark.
- Mia (SOPHIE NELISSE) is a teenage girl who goes to school in the Yucatan where she lives with her archaeologist dad, Grant (JOHN CORBETT), his second wife, Jennifer (NIA LONG), and that woman's teenage daughter, Sasha (CORINNE FOXX). Despite being step-sisters, the teens don't really get along, what with Sasha being popular at their school while Mia gets bullied by a group of mean girls.
Nonetheless, and finally feeling pity for her, Sasha invites Mia to join her and her friends, Alexa (BRIANNE TJU) and Nicole (SISTINE STALLONE), for an adventurous outing rather than heading off a glass-bottom tourist boat to watch great white sharks feeding. Instead, the girls go to a remote watering hole where they discover some of her dad's crew's scuba gear above the underwater archaeological site where he's been working.
Mia ends up being talked into diving with the other three girls and they're soon exploring the first of many large chambers in the labyrinth of underwater caves that make up the complex. But their exploratory pleasure turns to terror when their way out ends up blocked by an encounter with a great white shark. With nowhere to go but deeper through the caves, the girls try to find a way out, all while contending with repeated shark attacks.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of the first film, anyone in the cast, or movies about sharks coming after people.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For creature related violence and terror, some bloody images and brief rude gestures.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.