(2019) (Sophie Nelisse, Corinne Foxx) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A group of teenage girls must contend with being trapped underwater in an archaeological site with a hungry shark.
- Mia (SOPHIE NELISSE) is a teenage girl who goes to school in the Yucatan where she lives with her archaeologist dad, Grant (JOHN CORBETT), his second wife, Jennifer (NIA LONG), and that woman's teenage daughter, Sasha (CORINNE FOXX). Despite being step-sisters, the teens don't really get along, what with Sasha being popular at their school while Mia gets bullied by a group of mean girls.
Nonetheless, and finally feeling pity for her, Sasha invites Mia to join her and her friends, Alexa (BRIANNE TJU) and Nicole (SISTINE STALLONE), for an adventurous outing rather than heading off a glass-bottom tourist boat to watch great white sharks feeding. Instead, the girls go to a remote watering hole where they discover some of her dad's crew's scuba gear above the underwater archaeological site where he's been working.
Mia ends up being talked into diving with the other three girls and they're soon exploring the first of many large chambers in the labyrinth of underwater caves that make up the complex. But their exploratory pleasure turns to terror when their way out ends up blocked by an encounter with a great white shark. With nowhere to go but deeper through the caves, the girls try to find a way out, all while contending with repeated shark attacks.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of the first film, anyone in the cast, or movies about sharks coming after people.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For creature related violence and terror, some bloody images and brief rude gestures.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.