(2019) (George Mackay, Dean-Charles Chapman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Two British WWI soldiers must deliver a message deep in enemy territory to prevent their own forces -- that includes one of their brothers -- from advancing into a deadly German trap.
- It's April 1917 and Lance Corporal William Schofield (GEORGE MacKAY) and Lance Corporal Tom Blake (DEAN-CHARLES CHAPMAN) are two British soldiers who've just been ordered to deliver an important and timely message to other British forces behind enemy lines. It seems that while the Germans have retreated from their side of no man's land, they've done so strategically to set a trap for the advancing Brits.
With all lines of communication having been cut, the only way to stop two battalions of sixteen-hundred soldiers -- that includes Blake's brother among them -- from advancing into a massacre is for Schofield and Blake to get their first and warn them of the trap. Facing daunting odds and the likelihood that neither will even make it that far, the two soldiers set out through no man's land and into enemy territory, determined to accomplish their task.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be, especially if they're into movies about WWI.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, some disturbing images, and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.