(2018) (Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Several widows band together to try to pull off a heist to pay off their late husbands' $2 million debt to a dangerous criminal.
- Unbeknownst to Veronica Rawlings (VIOLA DAVIS), Linda Perelli (MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ), Alice Gunner (ELIZABETH DEBICKI) and Amanda Nunn (CARRIE COON), their spouses -- led by Veronica's husband, Harry (LIAM NEESON) -- have stolen $2 million from Jamal Manning (BRIAN TYREE HENRY). He's a dangerous Chicago criminal who wants to go straight and is running for a local alderman seat against the incumbent, Jack Mulligan (COLIN FARRELL), whose family -- including his father, Tom (ROBERT DUVALL) -- has held that elected position for decades.
The complicating factor is that the four men died during an altercation with the local police that also resulted in the destruction of the stolen money. Jamal -- who orders his far more volatile brother, Jatemme (DANIEL KALUUYA), not to kill anyone -- gives Veronica one month to repay the money. Things seem to look up when Harry's driver, Bash (GARRET DILLAHUNT), gives Veronica a safety deposit key that results in her being in possession of her late husband's plans for a $5 million heist.
Veronica manages to convince Linda and Alice to join her, but with Dash now out of the picture, they turn to Linda's babysitter, Belle (CYNTHIA ERIVO), to serve as their getaway driver. As they plot out their way to pull off the heist, they must contend with Jatemme nosing around, all while Jack does what he can to ensure he defeats his new political opponent.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, language throughout, and some sexual content/nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.