(2018) (Christian Bale, Amy Adams) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: With the help of his wife, a man turns his life around and climbs the political ladder until he becomes the Vice President of the United States.
- In his earlier days as a young adult, Dick Cheney (CHRISTIAN BALE), doesn't seem destined for anything of note, other than possibly losing his license for too many DUIs. But then his wife, Lynne (AMY ADAMS), gives him an ultimatum to clean up his act or else she'll leave and so he does.
Signing up for a congressional intern program, he meets Congressman Donald Rumsfeld (STEVE CARELL) who takes the young man under his wings and eventually takes him over to the Nixon White House with him. That eventually results in him landing the White House Chief of Staff gig under President Ford, then being elected to Congress, serving as Secretary of Defense for President George H. W. Bush, and then Chairman and CEO of Halliburton during the Clinton years.
But when George W. Bush (SAM ROCKWELL) wants him to sign on as his running mate, Dick must decide what that would mean for his political career and how it would affect Lynne and their two daughters, Mary Cheney (ALISON PILL) and Liz Cheney (LILY RABE), all while figuring out how he might control more power than normal for such a role, including during the 9/11 attacks on the U.S.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into politics or are fans of anyone in the cast they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some violent images.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.