(2018) (Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Superhero: A down-on-his-luck reporter finds himself infected by an alien parasite that can not only control and change the physical attributes of his body, but also speaks to him inside his mind.
- Eddie Brock (TOM HARDY) is an investigative reporter who works in San Francisco and lives with his fiancée, lawyer Anne Weying (MICHELLE WILLIAMS). When his questions dig too deep during an interview with tech magnate Carlton Drake (RIZ AHMED), Eddie ends up fired, as does Anne simply through her association with him. Six months later, Eddie's out of work, behind on his bills, and Anne has moved on and is now dating a doctor, Dan Lewis (REID SCOTT).
Things change for Eddie when he gets a call from one of Drake's scientists, Dr. Dora Skirth (JENNY SLATE), who informs him that Drake and his team are doing lethal experiments on humans in trying to bond them with alien parasites that were recovered from a comet by one of Drake's spaceships. It crashed upon reentry and unleashed one such alien being -- that, like the rest, need live hosts to survive -- that's still in the wild but making its way toward San Francisco.
Coming across this in the lab, Eddie ends up infected by one such creature that can not only alter his physical shape -- sometimes just sinewy "tentacles" that emerge from his arms and other parts of his body to a complete, huge monster -- but also talks to him inside his head. Eddie quickly learns that "Venom" is there along with the others to feast on humans, but the alien ends up having a change of heart after spending time with -- and inside -- Eddie. As the other alien arrives with the intent of bringing more of its kind to Earth, it's up to Eddie and his parasite "friend" to stop it as well as Drake.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're diehard comic book movie fans, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.