(2018) (Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Superhero: A down-on-his-luck reporter finds himself infected by an alien parasite that can not only control and change the physical attributes of his body, but also speaks to him inside his mind.
- Eddie Brock (TOM HARDY) is an investigative reporter who works in San Francisco and lives with his fiancée, lawyer Anne Weying (MICHELLE WILLIAMS). When his questions dig too deep during an interview with tech magnate Carlton Drake (RIZ AHMED), Eddie ends up fired, as does Anne simply through her association with him. Six months later, Eddie's out of work, behind on his bills, and Anne has moved on and is now dating a doctor, Dan Lewis (REID SCOTT).
Things change for Eddie when he gets a call from one of Drake's scientists, Dr. Dora Skirth (JENNY SLATE), who informs him that Drake and his team are doing lethal experiments on humans in trying to bond them with alien parasites that were recovered from a comet by one of Drake's spaceships. It crashed upon reentry and unleashed one such alien being -- that, like the rest, need live hosts to survive -- that's still in the wild but making its way toward San Francisco.
Coming across this in the lab, Eddie ends up infected by one such creature that can not only alter his physical shape -- sometimes just sinewy "tentacles" that emerge from his arms and other parts of his body to a complete, huge monster -- but also talks to him inside his head. Eddie quickly learns that "Venom" is there along with the others to feast on humans, but the alien ends up having a change of heart after spending time with -- and inside -- Eddie. As the other alien arrives with the intent of bringing more of its kind to Earth, it's up to Eddie and his parasite "friend" to stop it as well as Drake.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're diehard comic book movie fans, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, and for language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.