(2018) (Claire Foy, Joshua Leonard) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: After being committed to a mental facility against her will, a young woman tries to get anyone to believe that one of the orderlies there is actually her stalker.
- Sawyer Valentini (CLAIRE FOY) is a young woman trying to make a go of it in a city nearly 500 miles from where she grew up with her mom, Angela (AMY IRVING). While she seems to be good at her bank job analyzing data, she doesn't have many friends and doesn't seem entirely comfortable in the place.
And that's because she's still reeling from her past difficulties with a stalker obsessed with every aspect of her life. Accordingly, she visits a mental health practitioner where she admits that she occasionally has suicidal thoughts, but when she signs related papers she doesn't realize she's voluntarily committing herself for 24 hours of observation at the facility.
After an unsettling encounter with one patient, Violet (JUNO TEMPLE), things go from bad to worse when she ignores the advice of another seemingly sane patient, Nate Hoffman (JAY PHAROAH). Rather than lay low for the duration of her stay she hits another patient she believes is about to attack her. And she then strikes one of the orderlies, George Shaw (JOSHUA LEONARD), who she claims is really her stalker, David Strine.
All of which leads the staff to believe her commitment period needs to be extended. With Nate being her only friend and confidant in the facility -- and who allows her to use his contraband cell phone to call her mother -- Sawyer tries to maintain her sanity, especially when no one will believe her claims that George is really her stalker and that her life is in danger.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or films directed by Steven Soderbergh.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing behavior, violence, language, and sex references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.