(2018) (Colin Woodell, Stephanie Nogueras) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: A group of friends must contend with increasing dangers after one of them logs into a computer connected to unsavory behavior on the Internet's dark web.
- Matias (COLIN WOODELL) is a young man who's looking forward to game night with his friends -- Damon (ANDREW LEES), Lexx (SAVIRA WINDYANI), AJ (CONNOR DEL RIO), and Nari (BETTY GABRIEL) and Serena (REBECCA RITTENHOUSE) who've recently gotten engage -- playing Cards Against Humanity. Likely not joining them is Amaya (STEPHANIE NOGUERAS), Matias' deaf girlfriend who's upset with him for not trying harder to learn sign language to better communicate with her.
He's using a laptop he says he bought on Craigslist, but as he's communicating with his friends via Skype and Amaya through Facebook messenger, he starts getting messages seemingly intended for the previous owner. That soon leads to him opening a folder of videos that show not only a variety of surveillance cameras that have been hacked into, but also a number of far more disturbing ones showing young women who've been kidnapped, tortured and killed.
Things become even dicier when one of those kidnappers, known only as Charon 68, contacts Matias and informs him that if he doesn't return that laptop or informs Amaya, he'll kill her and will do the same if any of his friends disconnect or contact the police. From that point on, the small group of friends tries to figure out who's responsible and how to save Amaya from a fate that begins to affect them as well.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about young people on the Internet it might be enticing to some, including those who liked the first "Unfriended" movie.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some disturbing violence, language and sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.