(2018) (Charlize Theron, Mackenzie Davis) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: After just having had her third child, a forty-something woman finds her sanity saved and starts to return to normalcy after she hires a night nanny who helps her just as much as she does her baby.
- Marlo (CHARLIZE THERON) is a forty-something woman who's raising two kids -- Sarah (LIA FRANKLAND) and Jonah (ASHER MILES FALLICA) -- with her husband, Drew (RON LIVINGSTON), with another child due any day now. While Sarah is a good kid, Jonah is a handful, and when the new baby arrives, Marlo soon finds herself at her wits' end.
Learning that her rich brother, Craig (MARK DUPLASS), and his wife, Elyse (ELAINE TAN), used a night nanny to help them get through the tough parenting times, Marlo eventually concedes she needs help and allows her brother to give her the gift of Tully (MACKENZIE DAVIS).
She's a 26-year-old single woman who instantly connects with both Marlo and her infant, and quickly allows the mom to start to regain her sanity, self-confidence and free spirit she once had when she was Tully's age. As their bond grows tighter and Marlo enjoys life again, she must contend with news that threatens to derail her newfound happiness and free time.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably won't, but it's possible some older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexuality/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.