(2018) (Charlize Theron, Mackenzie Davis) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: After just having had her third child, a forty-something woman finds her sanity saved and starts to return to normalcy after she hires a night nanny who helps her just as much as she does her baby.
- Marlo (CHARLIZE THERON) is a forty-something woman who's raising two kids -- Sarah (LIA FRANKLAND) and Jonah (ASHER MILES FALLICA) -- with her husband, Drew (RON LIVINGSTON), with another child due any day now. While Sarah is a good kid, Jonah is a handful, and when the new baby arrives, Marlo soon finds herself at her wits' end.
Learning that her rich brother, Craig (MARK DUPLASS), and his wife, Elyse (ELAINE TAN), used a night nanny to help them get through the tough parenting times, Marlo eventually concedes she needs help and allows her brother to give her the gift of Tully (MACKENZIE DAVIS).
She's a 26-year-old single woman who instantly connects with both Marlo and her infant, and quickly allows the mom to start to regain her sanity, self-confidence and free spirit she once had when she was Tully's age. As their bond grows tighter and Marlo enjoys life again, she must contend with news that threatens to derail her newfound happiness and free time.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably won't, but it's possible some older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some sexuality/nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.