(2018) (Lucy Hale, Violett Beane) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A group of college students must contend with being trapped inside a game of truth or dare that's controlled by a demon and where if they refuse to play, they'll die.
- Olivia (LUCY HALE) is a college senior who's planning on spending her spring break doing volunteer work for a charity. But her best friend, Markie (VIOLETT BEANE), convinces her to join her, her boyfriend, Lucas (TYLER POSEY), and the rest of their friends in Mexico for one last bit of partying. Joining them are Penelope (SOPHIA TAYLOR ALI) and her boyfriend, Tyson (NOLAN GERARD FUNK), and Brad (HAYDEN SZETO) who's yet to come out to his cop father.
When another student, Ronnie (SAM LERNER), makes unwelcome advances toward Olivia, a stranger, Carter (LANDON LIBOIRON), steps in and then invites her and her friends to accompany him to the ruins of an old mission where they end up playing a game of truth or dare. Unbeknownst to them, he's done so to trap them inside the game that's controlled by a demon and where if they refuse to select one of the two options or follow through on that, they'll die.
Olivia is the first up and initially can't get the others to believe her, but slowly one by one they find themselves subjected to the same where one or more people around them suddenly develop evil grins, make them choose truth or dare, and then give them their directions. As the consequences of that progressively get worse and people start dying, the survivors try to figure out what's causing that, eventually leading them to one of Carter's friends, Giselle (AURORA PERRINEAU), who's similarly trapped inside the game.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's a horror film featuring college-age characters, it's a good bet a number of teens will be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence and disturbing content, alcohol abuse, some sexuality, language and thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.