(2018) (Paula Patton, Omar Epps) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: While on a romantic getaway, a couple must contend with stumbling across a number of bad people operating a sex trafficking ring.
- Brea (PAULA PATTON) is an investigative journalist based in Sacramento who learns from her editor, Mr. Waynewright (WILLIAM FICHTNER), that her job is not guaranteed. Things look up, however, when her mechanic boyfriend, John (OMAR EPPS), gets her a vintage muscle car for her birthday and surprises her with a romantic getaway to a remote house where he plans on proposing to her. His sports agent friend, Darren (LAZ ALONSO), arranged that getaway, and plans on dropping by later with his girlfriend, Malia (ROSELYN SANCHEZ), so that they can celebrate together.
The weekend gets off to a rocky start, however, when Brea encounters a woman in a gas station restroom, Cara (DAWN OLIVIERI), who appears to be in trouble and secretly sneaks a satellite phone into Brea's bag. After a tense encounter there with some rough-looking bikers that gets stopped in its tracks by Deputy Sally Marnes (MISSI PYLE), Brea and John are on their way. But after Darren and Malia show up, they discover sex trafficking photos on the phone Cara hid in Brea's bag, followed by Cara showing up and wanting that phone back upon orders from the trafficking ringleader, Red (LUKE GOSS). From that point on, the couple does what they can to survive the increasingly tense and dangerous situation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into R-rated suspense/thriller sort of films featuring people in danger might be drawn to it, as might those who are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent and disturbing material, language throughout, some drug use and sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.