(2018) (Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: Two teen conspire to kill one's stepfather.
- Lily Reynolds (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY) is a teenage girl seemingly embodying the dream of being rich and living in a huge mansion in Connecticut. But not far below the surface she's quite unhappy, especially since she can't stand her stepfather, Mark (PAUL SPARKS), who married her mother following her father's death.
Enter Amanda (OLIVIA COOKE) who's known Lily since they were kids but is more of an acquaintance than a friend, and one whose mom has hired Lily to tutor her. Amanda is a no-nonsense teen who freely speaks her mind and states that she never feels any emotion and just fakes that on the surface.
Seeing Lily's interactions with Mark, Amanda matter-of-factly states they should simply kill the man. But knowing they'd need airtight alibis, they decide to hire local low-end drug dealer Tim (ANTON YELCHIN) to do the job. With that not being his thing, he's reluctant to commit, but is intrigued by the offer.
From that point on, the teenage girls must contend with the aftermath of that decision and how things don't go exactly as they planned.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it features two teen female characters, it could be enticing for other teens, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing behavior, bloody images, language, sexual references, and some drug content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.