(2018) (Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: Two teen conspire to kill one's stepfather.
- Lily Reynolds (ANYA TAYLOR-JOY) is a teenage girl seemingly embodying the dream of being rich and living in a huge mansion in Connecticut. But not far below the surface she's quite unhappy, especially since she can't stand her stepfather, Mark (PAUL SPARKS), who married her mother following her father's death.
Enter Amanda (OLIVIA COOKE) who's known Lily since they were kids but is more of an acquaintance than a friend, and one whose mom has hired Lily to tutor her. Amanda is a no-nonsense teen who freely speaks her mind and states that she never feels any emotion and just fakes that on the surface.
Seeing Lily's interactions with Mark, Amanda matter-of-factly states they should simply kill the man. But knowing they'd need airtight alibis, they decide to hire local low-end drug dealer Tim (ANTON YELCHIN) to do the job. With that not being his thing, he's reluctant to commit, but is intrigued by the offer.
From that point on, the teenage girls must contend with the aftermath of that decision and how things don't go exactly as they planned.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it features two teen female characters, it could be enticing for other teens, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For disturbing behavior, bloody images, language, sexual references, and some drug content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.