(2018) (Boyd Holbrook, Olivia Munn) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A military sniper, a biologist, and group of mentally unstable military men must contend with extraterrestrial predators that have arrived for the thrill of the hunt and more.
- Quinn McKenna (BOYD HOLBROOK) is an Army Ranger sniper who witnesses an alien spacecraft crash and its extraterrestrial pilot then kill two of his men. With no one officially believing his story -- although government figure Will Traeger (STERLING K. BROWN) clearly knows what's going on -- he's shipped off for a military psych ward along with a number of other allegedly mentally unstable soldiers.
They include Nebraska Williams (TREVANTE RHODES), Coyle (KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY), Baxley (THOMAS JANE), Lynch (ALFIE ALLEN) and Nettles (AUGUSTO AGUILERA) who likewise don't believe his story until they see the alien -- deemed a predator by those who've been studying a captured one despite it and its kind hunting for sport -- in full lethal mode.
Also present is biologist Casey Bracket (OLIVIA MUNN) who barely escapes with her life when that captured predator breaks free, and she's determined that these aliens are modifying their gene pool and are searching for Earth's most resilient warriors. Initially unaware of any of this is Quinn's estranged wife, Emily (YVONNE STRAHOVSKI), and their young and often bullied son, Rory (JACOB TREMBLAY) who likely has Asperger's Syndrome.
Having found alien technology in that initial crash site, Quinn had it secretly shipped home and Rory has figured out how some of it works. All of which means a number of figures want to get to the boy -- the predator to get that equipment back, Traeger who wants to use the kid to unlock another alien ship's secrets, and Quinn who simply wants to make sure his son stays safe.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they've liked any of the previous "Predator" films they probably will show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, language throughout, and crude sexual references.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.