(2018) (Shay Mitchell, Kirby Johnson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A former cop must contend with a corpse that's possessed by a demonic entity when it shows up in the hospital morgue where she now works.
- Megan Reed (SHAY MITCHELL) is a former Boston police officer who had a breakdown and fell into addiction when her cop partner was shot dead. Now trying to get her life back together, and with her boyfriend cop, Andrew Kurtz (GREY DAMON), having just moved out of her place, Megan takes a job working the nighttime shift at a local hospital morgue where her AA counselor, Lisa Roberts (STANA KATIC), works as a nurse. With no one else there beyond security guards Dave (MAX McNAMARA) and Ernie (JACOB MING-TRENT), Megan must accept, photograph and fingerprint bodies brought into the facility by ambulance drivers such as Randy (NICK THUNE).
One such badly mangled and partially burned body is that of Hannah Grace (KIRBY JOHNSON), a young woman who -- unbeknownst to anyone there -- actually died three months ago when her father, Grainger (LOUIS HERTHUM), smothered her to death. He did so during an exorcism where priests tried to extract the demon from her, only to have one be killed and another nearly suffering the same fate. But as strange things start happening in the morgue, Megan wonders if what she's seeing is real, a manifestation of her PTSD, or just her imagination run wild.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're into supernatural-based horror films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For gruesome images and terror throughout.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.