(2018) (Robert Redford, Casey Affleck) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A life-long criminal can't quit his habit of robbing banks, much to the chagrin of a detective who's trying to capture the gentleman bandit.
- It's the early 1980s and Forrest Tucker (ROBERT REDFORD) is a handsome 74-year-old man who otherwise doesn't draw much attention to himself in social situations. All of which allows him to rob banks without anyone but the employee or manager he's directly dealing with knowing what's occurring until after the fact. With the help of his accomplices, Teddy (DANNY GLOVER) and Waller (TOM WAITS), he's knocked off a variety of such financial branches across a number of states, with witnesses being unable to really identify him beyond being an older and pleasant gentleman.
All of which continues to frustrate detective John Hunt (CASEY AFFLECK) who's working the case but can't get much in the way of leads since Forrest is so good at what he does and takes advantage of whatever situation he finds himself in. During one of those, he stops to help -- but really does so to elude the police -- a broken down motorist, Jewel (SISSY SPACEK), and strikes up a friendship and then relationship with her. He even tells her what he does, but since he says so with such a twinkle in his eye and overall mischievous nature, she doesn't take him seriously.
But all of that becomes threatened as John finally starts to close in and with Forrest seemingly being addicted to both robbing banks and escaping from prisons where he always inevitably ends up, only to start again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's not that likely unless they're really big fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.