(2018) (Robert Redford, Casey Affleck) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A life-long criminal can't quit his habit of robbing banks, much to the chagrin of a detective who's trying to capture the gentleman bandit.
- It's the early 1980s and Forrest Tucker (ROBERT REDFORD) is a handsome 74-year-old man who otherwise doesn't draw much attention to himself in social situations. All of which allows him to rob banks without anyone but the employee or manager he's directly dealing with knowing what's occurring until after the fact. With the help of his accomplices, Teddy (DANNY GLOVER) and Waller (TOM WAITS), he's knocked off a variety of such financial branches across a number of states, with witnesses being unable to really identify him beyond being an older and pleasant gentleman.
All of which continues to frustrate detective John Hunt (CASEY AFFLECK) who's working the case but can't get much in the way of leads since Forrest is so good at what he does and takes advantage of whatever situation he finds himself in. During one of those, he stops to help -- but really does so to elude the police -- a broken down motorist, Jewel (SISSY SPACEK), and strikes up a friendship and then relationship with her. He even tells her what he does, but since he says so with such a twinkle in his eye and overall mischievous nature, she doesn't take him seriously.
But all of that becomes threatened as John finally starts to close in and with Forrest seemingly being addicted to both robbing banks and escaping from prisons where he always inevitably ends up, only to start again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's not that likely unless they're really big fans of someone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.