(2018) (Erin Moriarty, Helen Hunt) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The stars and coach of a high school girls volleyball team must contend with the tragic death of their team captain as they try to repeat as state champions.
- It's 2011 and Iowa City's West High Trojans girls volleyball team is hoping they'll get a shot at repeating as state champions, what with their coach, Kathy Bresnahan (HELEN HUNT), and star player, captain and all-important setter, Caroline 'Line' Found (DANIKA YAROSH), returning.
When not playfully wondering when her best friend, Kelley Fliehler (ERIN MORIARTY), might show some interest in a boy, Alex (BURKELY DUFFIELD), who's new to the neighborhood, she's trying to boost the spirits of her parents, surgeon Ernie (WILLIAM HURT) and hospitalized Ellyn (JILLIAN FARGEY), who are contending with the latter's terminal cancer diagnosis.
And then tragedy strikes when Caroline is killed while riding a moped home from a party, followed just days later by her mother's death. That not only devastates Ernie, but also Kathy, her team, and the entire community.
From that point on, Kathy tries to rally her team to come together and win for their late star, with much of the pressure falling on Kelley to take over her best friend's spot and leadership role on the team.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into volleyball or the true story on which this is based might be interested in seeing it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.