(2018) (Denzel Washington, Pedro Pascal) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A former government covert op sets out to find who killed his friend and then acts as a one-man judge, jury, and executioner while doing out his comeuppance and justice.
- Robert McCall (DENZEL WASHINGTON) is a former government covert op who long ago let everyone believe he perished during an assignment and has since lived a low-key life, save for when he uses his special set of skills to help those in need and deal with various bad guys. Working as a Lyft driver, he's become friends with Holocaust survivor Sam Rubinstein (ORSON BEAN) while also becoming a mentor of sorts to Miles (ASHTON SANDERS), a young art student who could easily succumb to the pull of becoming a gang member.
But Robert has bigger issues to contend with when his friend and former work associate, Susan Plummer (MELISSA LEO), is murdered while investigating a double homicide in Brussels, leaving her author husband, Brian (BILL PULLMAN), a widower. Seeing out the help of his former work partner Dave York (PEDRO PASCAL) -- who thought he died all those years ago -- Robert sets out to figure out who's responsible for the murder and then deliver his own form of comeuppance and justice while serving as his own one-man judge, jury, and executioner.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or hard-hitting action films in general they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For brutal violence throughout, language, and some drug content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.