(2018) (Amandla Stenberg, Harris Dickinson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Drama: Kids that have survived a worldwide pandemic and developed supernatural powers must contend with those who want to control or kill them.
- A pandemic has spread across the world and killed most children. Those that survived have somehow developed supernatural powers ranging from simply being super smart to controlling electricity, fire, and even minds. Ruby (AMANDLA STENBERG) is one of the latter, labeled an "orange" by the feds who've put all such children in concentration camps under the order of President Gray (BRADLEY WHITFORD) who claims his own son, Clancy (PATRICK GIBSON), has been cured of this affliction.
Having been in such a camp since the age of 10 and having to contend with the torment of Captain McManus (WADE WILLIAMS), Ruby has used her powers to make others believe she's a safe "green," but a doctor there, Cate (MANDY MOORE), warns the teens that those who run the camp know of her true abilities and are going to kill her. In reality, Cate works for the Children's League, an organization that frees and supposedly helps such kids.
But Ruby gets suspicious of a man working with Cate and then flees with a trio of similar kids who are likewise on the run and looking for a different children's refuge. They're comprised of Liam (HARRIS DICKINSON) who has telekinetic powers, Zu (MIYA CECH) who can control electricity and Chubs (SKYLAN BROOKS) who's super smart. As they set out for that sanctuary, the four kids must contend with various forces who want to control or kill them
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some might be interested in seeing it, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or the book on which the film is based.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence including disturbing images, and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.