(2018) (Amandla Stenberg, Harris Dickinson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi/Drama: Kids that have survived a worldwide pandemic and developed supernatural powers must contend with those who want to control or kill them.
- A pandemic has spread across the world and killed most children. Those that survived have somehow developed supernatural powers ranging from simply being super smart to controlling electricity, fire, and even minds. Ruby (AMANDLA STENBERG) is one of the latter, labeled an "orange" by the feds who've put all such children in concentration camps under the order of President Gray (BRADLEY WHITFORD) who claims his own son, Clancy (PATRICK GIBSON), has been cured of this affliction.
Having been in such a camp since the age of 10 and having to contend with the torment of Captain McManus (WADE WILLIAMS), Ruby has used her powers to make others believe she's a safe "green," but a doctor there, Cate (MANDY MOORE), warns the teens that those who run the camp know of her true abilities and are going to kill her. In reality, Cate works for the Children's League, an organization that frees and supposedly helps such kids.
But Ruby gets suspicious of a man working with Cate and then flees with a trio of similar kids who are likewise on the run and looking for a different children's refuge. They're comprised of Liam (HARRIS DICKINSON) who has telekinetic powers, Zu (MIYA CECH) who can control electricity and Chubs (SKYLAN BROOKS) who's super smart. As they set out for that sanctuary, the four kids must contend with various forces who want to control or kill them
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's possible some might be interested in seeing it, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast or the book on which the film is based.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence including disturbing images, and thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.