(2018) (Ed Helms, Jon Hamm) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Four friends who've been playing the game of Tag every May for the past thirty years try to tag a fifth friend who's managed to remain untouched over all of that time.
- For the past thirty years five friends -- Hogan "Hoagie" Malloy (ED HELMS), Bob Callahan (JON HAMM), Randy "Chilli" Cilliano (JAKE JOHNSON), Kevin Sable (HANNIBAL BURESS), and Jerry Pierce (JEREMY RENNER) -- have been playing the same game of tag every May that they started while in the fifth grade. Whoever is last tagged before June 1st remains "it" until the following May, and this year Hoagie is feel increased pressure for any of them to finally tag Jerry who's managed to remain untouched through the history of their game.
Knowing he's getting married to Susan Rollins (LESLIE BIBB) in May, and believing he's then going to drop out of the game, Hoagie rounds up his friends and they set off -- along with Hoagie's equally enthusiastic wife, Anna (ISLA FISHER), and Wall Street Journal reporter Rebecca Crosby (ANNABELLE WALLIS) -- to crash Jerry's wedding and finally tag him. But their friend and game adversary has anticipated their every move, ranging from making sure local bartender Lou Seibert (STEVE BERG) doesn't give up his location, to inviting Bob and Chilli's former childhood and then high school flame, Cheryl Deakins (RASHIDA JONES), to the rehearsal dinner to distract them.
With time running out, the four friends pull out all the stops as they attempt to tag their seemingly untouchable friend before time runs out on them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might be drawn in if they're fans of anyone in the cast, or even just by the goofy-sounding premise.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, crude sexual content, drug use and brief nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.