(2018) (Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A group of previously fired misfits are rehired as Vermont State troopers in order to help facilitate the transfer of a border town from Canada over to the U.S.
- Having been previously fired for an incident that went badly involving actor Fred Savage, a small group of former Vermont State troopers -- Arcot "Thorny" Ramathorn (JAY CHANDRASEKHAR), Jeff Foster (PAUL SOTER), MacIntyre "Mac" Womack (STEVE LEMME), Robert "Rabbit" Roto (ERIK STOLHANSKE), and Rodney "Rod" Farva (KEVIN HEFFERNAN) -- work odd jobs to make ends meet. But when it's discovered that a small chunk of land in Canada actually belongs to the U.S., the state's Governor (LYNDA CARTER) reinstates the men and their commander, Captain John O'Hagen (BRIAN COX), as full-fledged troopers to help facilitate the land transfer.
That includes a small town run by former hockey star turned mayor Guy Le Franc (ROB LOWE), with cultural attaché Genevieve Aubois (EMMANUELLE CHRIQUI) present to help maintain relations between the locals and the country of which they'll soon find themselves citizens. That doesn't sit well with them or a trio of Canadian Mounties -- Bellefuille (TYLER LABINE), Archambault (WILL SASSO) and Podien (HAYES MACARTHUR) -- who aren't particularly happy they're about to be transferred up north and clearly don't like the American troopers who are going to take their place.
As those Mounties try to undermine the Americans, the troopers, when not trying to retaliate against them. resort to their old behavior of pulling pranks and generally acting like idiots.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content and language throughout, drug material and some graphic nudity.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.