(2018) (voices of Channing Tatum, James Corden) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Comedy/Musical: Yeti who live high above the cloud line of a mountain peak must contend with the possibility of the existence of tiny humans a.k.a. smallfeet.
- High atop a snowy mountain peak above a thick cloud line where nothing is believed to exist below that lives a harmonious community of yeti. All follow the rules passed down from their ancestors that are written on stones and kept by their current ruler, the Stonekeeper (voice of COMMON). Among the rule followers is Migo (voice of CHANNING TATUM) who one day hopes to follow in the footsteps of his father, Dorgle (voice of DANNY DeVITO), and become the figure responsible for causing the sun to rise by flying through the air each morning and striking a gong with his head.
But one day while practicing that, he ends up on the side of a mountain where he spots a strange object falling from the sky and headed directly at him. He manages to avoid being struck, but is shocked to see, just briefly, a tiny human pilot who's then swept away and down through the clouds by his parachute. Migo rushes back to the village to tell everyone about his sighting of a so-called "smallfoot."
But the Stonekeeper is quick to dispel such talk, and it's not long before Migo finds himself banished from the village by the ruler and his dimwitted enforcer of a son, Thorp (voice of JIMMY TATRO). But that yeti's sister, Meechee (voice of ZENDAYA), the secret leader of a small group of yeti -- that includes Kolka (voice of GINA RODRIGUEZ), Gwangi (voice of LeBRON JAMES), and Fleem (voice of ELY HENRY -- collectively known as the SES (Smallfoot Evidentiary Society) -- wants to know more.
As does Migo who decides to take the risk of lowering himself down through the clouds to look for the smallfoot he previously saw, but he accidentally ends up falling a long way and lands in a village of such people. Among them is nature documentary TV host Percy (voice of JAMES CORDEN) who's fallen on hard times of recent getting anyone's attention with his work, and even wants his producer, Brenda (voice of YARA SHAHIDI), to dress up in a yeti costume to goose his ratings.
He doesn't have to, however, when he spots Migo and freaks out, especially when the huge yeti captures him to take back to his village to prove his existence. He shows the smallfoot to Meechee and her friends, but from that point on it's uncertain how everyone else will react to this potentially unsettling news and how that might rock everything they've long believed in, including their village rules.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet many younger ones will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action, rude humor, and thematic elements.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.