(2018) (Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Drama: To try to start a war among Mexican drug cartels who are smuggling illegal immigrants and possibly terrorists across the border, covert U.S. government agents and their operatives kidnap a cartel kingpin's teenage daughter.
- With a recent number of suicide bomber incidents occurring within the U.S., the government believes those terrorists are being smuggled across the Mexican border by drug cartels, possibly among the illegal immigrants transported by the likes of Gallo (MANUEL GARCIA-RULFO) who's recruited teenager Miguel Hernandez (ELIJAH RODRIGUEZ) to help with such matters.
Accordingly, Secretary of Defense James Riley (MATTHEW MODINE) wants something done about it and asks covert government agent Matt Graver (JOSH BROLIN) for his suggestion. He proposes that they kidnap the 16-year-old daughter, Isabela Reyes (ISABELA MONER), of one such kingpin and make it appear that a rival cartel is responsible.
Given the green light and with Cynthia Foards (CATHERINE KEENER) overseeing the general operation, Matt enlists his hitman associate, Alejandro Gillick (BENICIO DEL TORO), and other operatives to pull off the kidnapping.
They succeed, but when Mexican police end up dead during part of the mission, Cynthia pulls the plug and orders Matt to clean the situation -- meaning kill everyone involved, including Isabella. When Alejandro refuses to comply, things become increasingly tenuous and dangerous for all involved.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the original "Sicario" movie they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, bloody images, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.